Gear tooth hunting and roller chain?

I can't quite figure this out mentally - do roller chain drives have gear hunting in any way similar to gears in direct contact?

It COULD be done, I personally wouldn't go out of my way to design a system to do that. If the system is designed properly, there will be provisions for take up for wear. If the chain and sprockets wear enough to get beyond the range of the tensioning mechanism, they'll all need replacing. See the timing chains on the Porsche flat six for such. Another feature of the mechanism is to keep the chain from whipping around at speed.
Stan