Lathe Identification

I just purchased a lathe and it doesn't have any identifying marks on it other than the original machinery dealers tag.I'm posting some links to four photos I took of it in the hopes that someone can tell me who the manufacturer was.This lathe is quite old and was originally driven from an overhead shaft prior to being modified to accomodate its own motor.I am having some problems with the woven drive belt in as I can't get it adjusted to where it doesn't slip exceptionally and track correctly on the stepped pulleys, at the same time.Any advice would be greatly appreciated.Lathe photos:

Thankyou very much. Best Regards, Steve Taylor

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Its a Southbend, old school type

You'll have to play around with that jackshaft to get it to track right, but it should work.

Its a good machine, you just need to find/make the change gears.

Tony

Tony

You might want to try a leather or leather-faced synthetic belt - they slip less at similar tension than fully synthetic belts.

Reply to
Ecnerwal