Lathe readout

I put a readout scale on the "Y" axis and could not be happier with results. Makes turning things down, in multiple passes especially, easy, backlash is not an issue as far as positioning is concerned, etc. (other then, obviously, you have to take it into account when retracting and then pushing forward etc)

Reply to
Ignoramus24313

Yup, my Sheldon came with a Mitutoyo DRO, and it is quite nice. You can creep up on the tenths for precise jobs.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson