Lathes for sale

Why not? It's only tax payer's money involved. :-(

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

I have a friend who spent a few years in theAtlanta Federal Prison. He told me that every year they would scrap tons of brand new machine tools such as lathes and mills plus many other items and then buy new ones so as to be sure to spend all of their allotment for operating expenses. He said if they never spent all of their allotment then the following year the amount would be cut. He said he saw a number of brand new pool tables in storage while there and talked them into setting up a pool room for recreation. They agreed and put him in charge of the new pool room but instead of using all the equipment that they had on hand they dumped everything and bought brand new Brunswick equipment to the tune of about $100,000.00. Dick

Reply to
rhncue

Ain't just the government. I used to work as a programmer at Boeing and use it or lose it applied there too. Every November the manager would come by asking for our wish list so he could use up his capital expense account. We got some great workstations that way, that's where I learned about b-splines and 3-D CAD surfacing algorithms. He had no idea what they were for, but they used the dollars. One year we totally blew the budget out doing some serious instrumentation upgrades (we had no choice, the old system was toast) - the next year we had a bigger budget!!!!

Jim

Reply to
Jim McGill