Di-Electric coupling question

Would I need a di-electric coupling if going from copper to galvanized or black iron pipe in a compressed air system? I realize that it is necessary in a house water system, but would it be necessary in an air distribution system? I want to use a bunch of left over fittings and piping to make up a system and may make the transition from copper to brass to steel a few times depending on the material of the fitting that I have to do the job. Thanks lg no neat sig line

Reply to
larry g

I seriously doubt it. The air lines are probably not going to be grounded to anything, and the amount of water flowing in the pipes should be minute, especially if you provide a few drain pipes at strategic locations to clear the water that collects.

So, corrosion should not be a big deal. I (re)did mine all in copper, because I had some material, and work with copper most, anyway. (The original system was PVC, but I replaced that after changing from an oilless to oil-lubed compressor.)

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

distribution