lead screw assmbely

hi, im looking for a source for lead screws in the surplus market or maybe
making my own with some help from a machinist. I have designed a drum sander
that im planning on building and im stuck at one point. this is what im
trying to do I have a 4 x 24" drum on a 3/4 or 1" shaft that I want to move
up and down about 4".
my first thought was to use a couple 1" threaded rods in flange bearings but
where im stuck is connecting the pillow blocks to the rods, my thinking
tells me to have some one make me a couple 1" x 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 steel blocks
that are threaded for the rod to move thru. then I can mount the pillow
blocks on the 1" side but now I need a way to guide the blocks up and down
so they wont spin. maybe c channel of some sort that the blocks can ride in
on the outboard sides. any thoughts on this would be helpful.
thanks
Dominic
Reply to
Dominic Palazzola
Are you anywhere near Central Oregon? I think I have just what you need. Remains from an old wave solder machine.
Paul
Reply to
pdrahn
Look up "take up" bearing housings, made primarily for conveyors but would do your job.
Tom
Reply to
Tom
Thise folks have a lot of lead screw material:
dp
Reply to
Dennis Peterson
"Dominic Palazzola" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Search for ACME screw Search for BallScrew
McMaster-Carr is your friend....
Reply to
Anthony
Ball-bearing drawer slides?