Lifestyle of rich and famous machine tool dealers

The people I know who do this have large warehouses full of junk they can't sell, or even identify. That's how I bought my load cells for ~5% of their original price.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

who do what "this"? sell to me? or who do what I do?

if the formr, i agree 100%.

i may regret having sold that quincy very soon.

** Sent from my Google phone ** I apologize for any typos **

Reply to
Ignoramus14753

...>>

I've bought from most of the second-hand machinery and electronics dealers within ~100 miles and crawling through some of their warehouses is like sneaking through concertina wire, but slower. I couldn't initially get within 15 feet of the South Bend lathe I bought because of all the 9" lathes packed like cattle against it.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

They 'herd' that you wanted it. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Jim, is that because they ask for so much -- and thus cannot sell -- or because they are too lazy to sell what they have?

Reply to
Ignoramus14753