Looking for a foundry

I'm looking for someone to make castings of crawler cleats for a crane model I'm building. I need about 200 cleats, and, given the detail involved, I'm guessing that this is a job for investment casting.

Does anyone know of a foundry willing to do a small job of this sort? Several years ago I spoke with a fellow named Gary Martin about doing this work, but he seems to have vanished.

Thanks!

George

Reply to
George Woodzell

American Foundry, in Greenpoint Brooklyn, NY. Also a real tiny place in the Bronx, have to check w/ my buddy. R. Muse in Dobbs Ferry, NY knows other small casting houses in this neck of the woods.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Hey George,

Always a good idea to mention where you are located, and the real size you want. Investment usually indicates at least a bronze, rather than cast-iron.

Wells Foundry Ltd., at 1250 Florence, in London, Ontario, (1-519-451-3620) does the real cleats for Caterpillar, and they have done some nice cast-iron driver wheels and tender truck wheels for our

3/4" and 1-1/2"scale locomotives. They want match-plate mounted patterns though, and contact them for the flask dimensions they use.

Good luck.

Brian Laws>I'm looking for someone to make castings of crawler cleats for a crane

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I believe these folks will do small investment casting runs.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons