Looking for bicycle type Quick Release

I am looking for bicycle type Quick Release like these:

I need it for a very light application so I can use a one that is much smaller than those for bicycles.

BTW What is a proper name for this gadget?

Thanks, Alex

Reply to
Alex

Alex, The device in the photographs is called a "quick-release skewer". It was invented in the 1920's by Tulio Campagnolo, a former bicycle racer that built a business manufacturing high quality bicycle parts. Any bicycle store that has a workshop can sell you a quick-release skewer for about $10 (Chinese) to $40 (Italian or high-end Japanese)

I've never seen a version of this device other than for use on bicycle hubs, seatpost bolts, etc. Quite possibly someone else in the group has.

The quick-release skewer, or "QR" amongst bicycling cognoscenti, is kind of nifty in that it works like a bolt by going in tension. Most other clamping devices go in compression.

Hope this is helpful. Dave

Reply to
DDoerschuk

Perhaps the patent office?

I'd call it, generically, a cam-lock clamping pin or something like that.

Yours,

Doug Goncz (at aol dot com) Replikon Research, Seven Corners, VA

1100 original posts at:
Doug Goncz