Looking for Ball Gear

For new product development, we are looking for a plastic ball gear to fit on a 1/4" shaft that will handle a max 25 deg angular change. Any ideas, suggestions, or comments of where such an item may be sourced, or an OEM who may be using such an item will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

Reply to
KThree

What's a "ball gear"?

?

Reply to
Cliff

Try

yozotrinity

Appreciate your taking time to consider and respond to my posting. What I am familiar with as a "Ball Gear" is a gear blank that resembles a sphere instead of a flat disk. The teeth are cut on the outside diameter and the pitch line follows the shperical shape. The only experienced I have for these types of gears is in a u-joint type application. Hope this helps. Thanks, K.

Reply to
Kay

--Howzabout something like this?

--Yeah, it's a little big for your application, but there must be sources for similar stuff in smaller sizes. Easier to search with the device's proper name "Gear Universal Joint" in mind..

Reply to
steamer

Kay, If you can't find what you want in a stock product these people may be able to help.

I've used them before and found them to be reasonable on customs.

Reply to
Garlicdude

Try W.M. Berg

(You might have to call them)