Looking for CANADIAN Supplier of Ornamental Iron parts

Thanks for reading this. ........As the topic states, I am looking for a Can.supplier for fence post caps. I have Googled and can't seem to find what I have been looking for. I have some decorative iron fencing that I wish to put in my front yard but need matching fence caps to match the tops of a brick structure I am tying this fence into.

I HAVE found this in Texas located here:

It is in the 4th row up from the bottom (part #NC809) and they are 4" newel post caps.

I need 10 of these....I didn't want the hassle of dealing with customs an UPS and these "brokerage fees" and Lord knows what else for shipping to Canada. Thanks for any replies....Jim

Reply to
Jim

Contact George Brezdan LTD in Burnaby BC they have all of the fittings. You will need a GST # since they are wholesale only. I believe the minimum cash sale is $50.00.

Pete

Pete

Hey Jim,

I do seem to recall a supplier in Quebec for the more "ornamental" kind, but I couldn't find it now with google either. The kind I recall were more like the ones in the bottom row though. And I guess you won't settle for plastic for 4 X 4 fence post caps, available at any lumber place in dark green, or in a tan colour to match newer colour PT wood and for painting?

Anyway, if the "border" is your only problem, where do you live? Maybe we can help out some other way. For instance, I pay at least a monthly visit to Detroit, and have in the past had stuff shipped to friends there for me to pick-up. I see the "sask-tel" in your e-dress, so I'm maybe not the best, because what would happen is you'd pay "Texas" to ship it all the way to Detroit, and then pay me to ship it sideways form Ontario to Sask. Not very economical.

You might ask around where you live, for someone that does this sort of stuff on a regular basis, and find out the "truth" instead of just more BS or "I heard that..." rumours. And ask at Canada Post about United States Postal Service incoming. Maybe have the shipper send two parcels at 15 pounds each, instead of one at 25. That sort of thing.. This border thing isn't as bad as you might think, EXCEPT that UPS (that's not USPostalService) hits pretty hard. They want you to sign up for them to be your border broker!! So, ask DHL, Loomis, Purolator, FedEX, CanPar, etc.

Take care. Good Luck.

Brian Laws>

Reply to
Brian Lawson