Looking for oil filter adapter ?

I am lookiing for an oil filter adapter ( close threaded nipple) . I want to use a 5/8"-18 oil filter orn a 3/4"-16. I am sure that these are made but I can seem to find them at the local auto parts store . Do they have another name? Sources ? - thanks

Reply to
nospam4me

Um, unless you've typed the sizes backwards, you're not going to find one, 5/8" being smaller than 3/4"

Why do you want to do this, anyway? What's wrong with the stock filter for your application?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

He's talking about the threaded insert that screws into the block. Looks sort of like a pipe nipple with a hex shaped ID.

To the original poster, can't say I've ever seen one. I've got a few metric to 3/4, but not as aftermarket parts, just OEM..

Reply to
Rick

Just curious on what filter has a 5/8"-18 thread. After posting my other reply, I think I did have a few adapters, but these were machined in house...

Reply to
Rick

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:36:24 GMT, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com spake:

I doubt there is anything like that available. The size is too close. More likely is a replacement housing with the smaller thread size. What are you working on?

--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. -

Web Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
nospam4me

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:12:29 GMT, the inscrutable snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com spake:

Oh, the filters you have now are MALE threaded and you want to go to a standard female threaded style? Why dincha say so?

Print out that Ebay find and take it to the NAPA store. Have the guy fax it in and let their distribution guys worry about it.

Or contact any of the bypass filter folks who make them for their units. You now have mfgr names and filter model numbers!

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques

- so they do exist . If I only knew the exact catalog description and

Jeez!! $12 plus $5 S&H. $17 apiece. I think I'll make a few hundred next weekend on our 2 spindle cnc lathe at work in my extra time. Think I could sell them all at $9 plus $4 S&H?

Reply to
Steve Walker