Looking for plans of moving device

I am looking for plans for a device I have seen before but don't know what it is called. It is a collection of small rollers which would go
under 1 corner of "something" very heavy so the "something" could be rolled across the floor. The one I saw had a side profile of a rounded D, and reminded me of the treads of a tank. I would think at least 4 of these would usually be used to move anything. Does anyone here know what the name of the device is, and whare I can get plans (preferrably free) for it?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

They are called "mice". I don't know of plans, but maybe some googling will get you some pictures of them.
Jon
Jon Elson wrote:

Machinery skates? Machinery moving rollers? Try this (from my site):
http://www.plansandprojects.com/CD-13Rollers.htm
Email me for a discount price, if this is what you need.
--

Ron Thompson
Riding my '07 XL883C Sportster
<jsreed> wrote in message > I am looking for plans for a device I have seen before but don't know

which would go

"something" could be

of a

would think at

Does anyone

get plans

Searched for hilman rollers. This came up....
http://www.hilmanrollers.com /
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

> search for load skates
machine skates or machinery skates.
smaller machines you can roll on pipes.

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:11:30 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

There are plans here for a much simpler design: http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/_2002_retired_files/Machinery_skate.dxf http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/_2002_retired_files/Machinery_Skate.pdf http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/_2002_retired_files/Machinery_Skate.txt
My version with Thomson shaft rollers running on needle bearings:
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/skate.JPG
I do have semi-finished plans if you're interested.
--
Ned Simmons

.......... if you want to e mail me, remove the X
Steve

What is the "munging" process? I would liked to have emailed you privately on this, but you didn't leave me a way way to email you (just teasing). I noticed that less than a day after I posted this, that there are 5 pages of new postings, of which roughly 5 are valid desires for communication. All others seem to be advertisements or nonsense postings. This is rediculous.
I want to thank those who did respond to my inquiry, and I really appreciate what a great wealth of knowledge we have here.