Looking for plans of moving device

They are called "mice". I don't know of plans, but maybe some googling will get you some pictures of them.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I am looking for plans for a device I have seen before but don't know what it is called. It is a collection of small rollers which would go under 1 corner of "something" very heavy so the "something" could be rolled across the floor. The one I saw had a side profile of a rounded D, and reminded me of the treads of a tank. I would think at least 4 of these would usually be used to move anything. Does anyone here know what the name of the device is, and whare I can get plans (preferrably free) for it?

Reply to
jsreed

which would go

"something" could be

of a

would think at

Does anyone

get plans

Searched for hilman rollers. This came up....

Phil Kangas

Machinery skates? Machinery moving rollers? Try this (from my site):

Email me for a discount price, if this is what you need.

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

search for load skates

Reply to
Tom

machine skates or machinery skates.

smaller machines you can roll on pipes.

Ignoramus9437

There are plans here for a much simpler design:

My version with Thomson shaft rollers running on needle bearings:
I do have semi-finished plans if you're interested.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Just a tip. Because of the flood of spam in Usenet, I'm going through and filtering mail from hotmail.com that appears in the newsgroup. And others as they appear. Others are setting their filters, too. I suggest you munge your e mail a little, and then in the message if you want to be contacted explain how to unmunge it. I know I'm going to lose some people's posts, but the spam has reached intolerance levels, and those who don't understand how to set up a newsgroup account will be filtered out.

Like snipped-for-privacy@Xhotmail.com .......... if you want to e mail me, remove the X

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

What is the "munging" process? I would liked to have emailed you privately on this, but you didn't leave me a way way to email you (just teasing). I noticed that less than a day after I posted this, that there are 5 pages of new postings, of which roughly 5 are valid desires for communication. All others seem to be advertisements or nonsense postings. This is rediculous.

I want to thank those who did respond to my inquiry, and I really appreciate what a great wealth of knowledge we have here.

Reply to
jsreed