Waterjet cutters

Does anybody know a good place to get waterjet cutting done in the Eastern PA/NJ area? Looking for a place that will do small jobs (15-200 pieces) on 20ga & 22ga stainless and brass. Thanks! Todd

Reply to
Todd Rich

Go see the Tuttles. They just bought one last year. There are several yahoos there at Orange County Choppers that are in serious need of a real job. Seen it on TV. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Would it need to be waterjet? The reason I ask is we have an awesome Amada laser at work and it turns out beautiful work very fast. (not looking for new work) Also for the material and number of pieces, I don't think location is a problem. I don't think shipping would be cost prohibitive.

Reply to
Ronald Thompson

Ronald Thompson wrote: (snip)

No, it doesn't have to be a waterjet. The previous person I was working with said their laser wouldn't cut brass. I'm not all that up on current laser cutting technology, so I wasn't sure if it was just his model, or a general issue.

I understand about not looking for new work, but thank you for the additional information. Todd

Reply to
Todd Rich

My local laser cutter will do brass and copper at limited capacity but from what I have been told it is very much a choice of the people operating the laser cutter. The main issue seems to be that some laser machines run polished copper mirrors and the energy reflected back by cutting copper and brass can damage that mirror at some expense if the machine isn't set right. I've had 1.5mm brass cut by laser at the local place but the cut quality was poor and required cleaning up. I haven't chased up a local water jet cutter yet but may do in the near future.

Reply to
David Billington

Martin H. Eastburn

responding to

bjurgenson wrote: Hi Todd,

I would be happy to take a look at what you have.

thank you, Bryan Jurgenson

Todd Rich wrote:

Reply to
bjurgenson