Bandsaws

Following on from my post about cutting thin sheet material, I'm coming down in favour of buying a good bandsaw. At the moment I have a Rexon BS-12R which is a under-powered and has guides which don't.

Looking around I see the DeWalt DW876 which seems to have the specs I'd need. Does anyone own one of these? Or have a recommendation of something similar in the £350ish price bracket? Or know of a good dealer in the Cambridge area who has good secondhand machines in.

I'm a bit limited in space so whilst I'd love a big floor mounted job I just can't get it in the workshop.

Thanks

Reply to
Brian Fairchild

In a flurry of electrons Chris spake thus:

sounds a bit like mine. As I said 'guides which don't' :)

Reply to
Brian Fairchild

Mmmm... I had one, fine for wood but too fast for metal - I got sparks off the blade.

In message , Chris writes

Reply to
Martin Akehurst

Spotted on E Bay # 2350345164 Coronet Band saw, 3 speed, 12" throat, bench mount starting price £ 70.

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

What you need is one of these...

See half way down the page.

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen Woolhead

Stephen led us towards ...................

Thanks Stephen for pointing out this splendid and interesting site.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

a little bigger than mine :-)

: > My cheepie 2 wheel B&Q model has a mind of its own I suspect it is worse : > with the thin blade I have but really it is hopeless. (or maybe its just : me) : > :-( : >

: What you need is one of these... : :

: See half way down the page. : : Stephen. : :

Reply to
Chris

In a flurry of electrons Chris spake thus:

hmmm, still won't cut sheet metal though....

Reply to
Brian Fairchild