Website.

Hi All

I have just updated my website

and added some engineering hints and tips, feedback is welcomed. engineering link is 7th from the top. I would especially like to know if the site loads quick enough on a dial up connection.

Regards

Tim

Tim Bird

On my browser it looks as tho you have a few problems :-)

George

Reply to
george

problems... like????.......

Reply to
Tim Bird

: > >I have just updated my website

and added some engineering : > >hints and tips, feedback is welcomed. engineering link is 7th from the : top. : > >I would especially like to know if the site loads quick enough on a dial : up : > >connection. : > On my browser it looks as tho you have a few problems :-) : >

: > George : :

Reply to
Chris

In message , Tim Bird wrote

Problems I noticed are picture on home page overlays text, on the engineering page the text in the disclaimer region is overlaid by other text, going to the turning page the diagram overlaid the last paragraph.

Loads fast enough though, especially nice to my mind is loading the text first so that there is something to look at and read whilst the graphics load.

Reply to
Roger Smith

Wrong bloke leaning on the Aston!!!!! You might like to consider reducing the file size of some of the graphics .... especially the Aston. Currently it is 105k and is 1000x379 pixels to fit in a space on your web page of 435 x 347. If you reduce the image size down to this and decrease the resolution from its current 96 dpi to 72 the file size drops to 23.6k (that's what I did in photoshop and there is no visible difference on-screen) ... makes for much faster page loading.

Mike Please remove DE SPAM to e-mail

Reply to
Mike