New Stationary Engine Website

Just leaving a quick note to tell you about my new website for Stationary Engine Enthusiasts, its got a forum, links page, and most important, information on rally dates. The address is

stationaryengine.org.uk

Can we know who you are?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

If you mean my name, it's Steve

Reply to
stationaryengine.org.uk

Mighty quiet over there ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn. Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Electronic engineers build radar, Civil Engineers build targets.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Steve Nail

Reply to
stationaryengine.org.uk

Steve Nail

Reply to
stationaryengine.org.uk

Perhaps you could be a LITTLE more specific about whose playground we are being invited into, Steve.

Do you know Danny?

-- Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Steve who?

Reply to
Tom

OK, It's the first time I've used one of these "forums" (only found out about this one when i pressed the groups button on google) and thought I'd post a small link to publicise a website which I've set up. It just a site which I've made just so that folk could post their rally dates, have a chat in the forum and look at the links but as it is a new site and no one really knows it exsists its not got much on it yet, until people start to use it. But with every new site it has to start somewhere. Hope this is enough info you need. Regards, Steve Nail. Oh and by the way I just do this site as an hobby so that might be a reason why there is no fancy graphics etc ( cause I don't kno how to do them yet LOL )

Reply to
stationaryengine.org.uk

Well Steve don't be coy, going to the bother of setting a site such as you have, must mean you have a great interest in stationary engines and the like. How many do you have and what make is your preference? Perhaps a location would enable listees to arrange visits to view and exchange info and experience to mutual advantage..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Hi Tom, This might sound daft but, I only started with engines last year, I've got 3 engines, all Listers. One's the good old Lister D and the other two are Lister LD's ones a 750rpm and the other is an

1800rpm. The Lister D needs a new Magneto hence the wants ad on my site. Out of the engines I preffer the LD 750rpm, think it must be with it being diesel. The area I'm from is Stoke-on-Trent. I just hope a few folk start using my new site because when I searched once for info I couldn't find info such as forums or Rally dates (Don't think I looked hard enough) so that's what gave me the idea to set my own up. And as I think I said earlier, the reason I didn't give much info on the intial posts, was that I found this by chance, and it's the first time that I've used one of these, so sorry if I upset anyone. Any way hope you enjoy my site, and perhaps visit it from time to time, and perhaps one day we'll meet up and one of the engine rallies.

Steve

Reply to
stationaryengine.org.uk

Hmm, what year is your D type? During its nearly fourty year production run, there were a vareity of different makes of magneto fitted. Of course if all else fails, then the good old Wico A is your friend. I've seen them fitted to a number f D's, and they work just fine.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

======================================= Welcome to the world of stationary engine Steve and the best of luck with your website . I am sure you have not "upset anyone " with your posting to this group,entirely on topic unlike others including some of my own!!. When I started posting to this group after a 15 year break from the hobby nobody asked me for location,number of engines etc etc I was accepted with no questions asked and only as time went by personal info was revealed.as and when I thought fit. Mike.H.

Reply to
Mike.H.

Hardly open arms was it?

Reply to
Andy H

"Andy H" wrote

Shame that the activities of a few have made us so suspicious of newcomers.

Though obviously in its very early days, it's a nicely presented little site and we should wish it every success - I get the impression that many people are more comfortable with web base forums than usenet groups nowadays and I guess the domain name will make it nice and search engine friendly?

BTW is 'iengrave' the day job Steve?

Reply to
Nick H

It looks like a very nicely presented site, and I'm sure it will grow given time. The main picture-Onslow Park last year??

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

As for the main picture on my site I am unsure where it was. I just found it on the net after hours of searching for one suitable. The iengrave is the company where I bought my hosting from so I have to show their logo with having it at a reduced rate.

Regards,

Steve

Reply to
stationaryengine.org.uk

Hi Steve

Looking at the picture again I'm absolutely certain it's Onslow Park last year. Thought it looked familiar, I was exhibiting there :-))

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Hi Philip, onslow park sprung to mind when i saw it too.

Regards, Gary Millward.

Reply to
gary millward

To an anonymous poster? You may make a habit of buying the Brooklyn Bridge or similar, others may be more canny..

Tom

Reply to
Tom