website - GANSG - minor update

Small updates completed to the Goods And Not So Goods website (N Gauge stuff), mainly in the 'available models' section. Still having trouble accessing newsgroups via TalkTalk so only look in about once a month on dial-up. If anyone needs to contact me please use the link on the site. Regards Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I am also on TalkTalk and they do not have a news server. I have taken out a free account with news.albasani.net and the service is superb. Good retention and very quick response. Go to their website, post a request for service, and enjoy.

Incidentally, you did not quote the web address for the n gauge stuff.

Reply to
Keith W

Well, they do in theory (or at least used to), but the problem seems to be the clueless technical staff they employ that can't keep it operating.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

They are VERY unlikely to have their own news server, they most likely lease access, the most common reason for ISPs to loose access is none payment of accounts!

More likely the 'customer care' staff are not kept in the loop as to the real reason access has ceased, if they don't know they can't let the cat out of the bag...

Reply to
Jerry

Yeah, I found it myself after sending the post. I tried Motzarella as well as Albasani but the retention periods on Albasani seem a lot better. At one point I had both running and they seemed to affect each other so I dropped Motzarella and stuck with t'other.

Reply to
Keith W

Before I switched to them I pinged news.talktalk.net and it resolves to news.opaltelecom.net so I asked their sales people about it. Apparently they inherited it when they took over Opal but it soon broke and the decision was taken not to fix it.

Reply to
Keith W

Many thanks for the tip - Finally got round to sorting it out and (it seems) now have access to newsgroups.

Sorry I forgot the link on the OP

Also there is a new bit on Monorails - Work to be done on this yet, as on all the site, but for what its worth . . .

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith