Magnets

Does anyone have a good source for some really tiny, but powerful magnets,
preferably all weather type?
Reply to
Henry
Ignoramus8009
Thanks, but I already have an oscilloscope!
Reply to
Henry
I've purchased neodymium magnets from these people:
Scary strong.
Reply to
Jim Stewart
I've bought small quantities from
(he also sells on ebay) and the ebay store emovendo, and been happy with both. The first two shipments from kj included samples - a 3 mm dia cylinder and a 3 mm cube. I know they have 2 mm dia discs, don't know how much smaller. These are N42 neodymium boron iron rare earths. KJ has some N48's if you need stronger. Emovendo has "pushpins" that are about 1/2" diameter and 1" tall that will pin 20-30 pages of notebook paper to a metal surface like a refrigerator. Gave a bunch away as stocking stuffers one year :-).
----- Regards, Carl Ijames
Reply to
Carl Ijames
I'll look at those, thanks!
Reply to
Henry
Do these hold up well in the elements? My usage will be outdoors, 4 seasons.
Reply to
Henry
Thanks. I have bookmarked it.
What I would like is a way to search multiple categories for everything that is close to me. I used to search " business and industrial " with nothing in the search term box. This let me see interesting things close to me that I might want and not pay any shipping. It would have been better if I could have picked only some of the categories in business and industrial.
But Ebay " improved " things so that no longer works at the " business and industrial " level. It will work on say " manufacturing and metalworking " , but then I do not see things under " Electrical and Test Equipment ".
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
I used to do the exact same thing, and cannot do so anymore due to ebay changes.
Since there is one more person in the same boat, maybe I can write a perl script to find results in multilpe subcategories and merge them. It would be a webpage. Let me know if you would be using it, then I will write it.
Ignoramus17831
Google neodiyium magnets
Reply to
Jerry Wass
Define tiny and powerful. I get mine from Lee Valley.
Reply to
Michael Koblic
Or try neodymium magnets. d8-)
Reply to
Ed Huntress
On Mar 8, 9:25=EF=BF=BDpm, "Henry" wrot= e:
I have used KJ magnetics on Ebay for small amounts. For my larger orders I use
Prices are very good and they have a huge selection. Nickel plating or Best corrosion-resistant coating Epoxy + Nickel + Copper + Nickel 4-layer coating!
Tim "A-LEE-SAM" alisam.com reproduction South Bend lathe tools and more!
Reply to
Tim
Search for Rare Earth and Neodymium. I use rare earth all the time, but all weather could be a problem since all magnets contain iron, and iron rusts. You can encase them in plastic, or in the case of alarm contacts they come partially encased in plastic. What are you trying to do?

Reply to
Bob La Londe
I got what I think was a good deal from

Steve
Reply to
Steve B
When I google neodiyium magnets, it takes me to neodymium magnets. Are they the same? What are the basic differences in metallurgy? Am I being redirected by malware? Should I be concerned? Is this another Obama conspiracy to pirate a private market?
Steve ;-)
Reply to
Steve B
I would think that a lot of people would like a way to search in multiple subcategories. If it would automatically load the subcategories, it would be slick. Just click on your webpage in the bookmarks, and bingo you are looking at what you are interested in. Yes I would use it.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
They are nickel plated, but I have no idea how well the nickel plate holds up. Without being nickel plated, they would fail in a very short time.
Harbor Freight sells them. Look at item numbers 67488 and 98371.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
I've also bought from K&J. How tiny is tiny? The ones I bought were about the size of a pencil lead and various lengths. Strong enough to keep a small pusher rod in a hole when inverted. If you plan on embedding them in anything ferrous, you need to plan on encasing them in brass tubing to avoid "short-circuits". Or you can just buy tooling magnets from MSC that have that already done. A couple of layers of telescoping tubing from the hobby shop will do.
And what's all-weather? They're all nickel-plated, if you've got a problem with that, encase them in epoxy(or brass).
Stan
Reply to
stans4