Magnets

I got a bunch of custom samarium cobalt magnets to my specs for reasonable from Duramag. I designed and built a set of custom lab stirrer hot plates to go to 215 deg C. Neodymium ain't good for that. Most of these magnetic materials are brittle, by the way.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

Take a look at:

Just a satisfied customer :)

Bob rgentry at oz dot net

Reply to
Bob Gentry

Thanks everyone for some great leads, I think I've found several promising models (roughly the size of a dime). I'm glad I found this group since I think it's always better to ask and learn from other's experiences.

I was almost turned away however, by some lunatic with a political agenda. I'm glad I decided to ask my question anyway! Maybe you guys need to moderate this group, I wonder how many others are turned away by that kind of idiocy. Anyway, thanks again!

Reply to
Henry

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:35:08 -0600, the infamous "Henry" scrawled the following:

Remove "oscilloscope" and at the top, key in "rare earth magnet".

-- Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Reply to
Larry Jaques

One more source which has lots of other useful items:

magnets down to 1/4" dia, rod magnets down to 1/8x1/8. Their nail brushes are, hands down, the best hand cleaning devices I've ever used.

Rare earth magnets include both samarium and neodymium types. My experience has been that the shiny plating will eventually come off and the darned things will corrode.

Terry

Reply to
Terry