Making my own mower

I have a large yard of about 2 acres. I have 3 acers I dont mow and just goes to seed.

I have seen those pull beind mowers at tractor supply. I have an 11 horse engine from an old riding mower sitting in the shed. Would it be possible to find an old riding mower deck and make my own pull beind mowr? Would it work on the tall grass in my pasture?

Wouldnt it mow faster than my riding mower of simlar size because I could pull it faster with an atv or something?

Reply to
Don

Pull behind mower works fine but I'd suggest starting with a deck and a motor. As for fast speed in tall grass, that is likely to be a problem. The rotary blade needs to be able to clear the grass out the chute. Tall grass = more to get out the chute. Faster speed = more to get out the chute. More to get out the chute= more horsepower.

Add> I have a large yard of about 2 acres. I have 3 acers I dont mow and > just goes to seed.

Reply to
Roy J

I've seen farmers do this off both sides. Quite the contraption, but I'm not sure how safe.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Reply to
larry g

Take your question here...

Kevin Beitz

Hey....Don's back!

ur a fukwit don.

a joke! u make me look like the Net Messiah, butt you ask nice questions and peepul anser....then u never respond

reply to ur oan posts, man!

BTW, for the newbies amongst us.......I think we have dealt with the mower issue before.

DON IF YOU PARTICIPATE IN 25% OF THE THREADS YOU START, I WILL BEGIN TO TRUST YOU.

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted child would do this?"....the internet seems full of them. It's very sad

Reply to
Old Nick

What is your problem? So I ask questions when I have issues come up then sit back and listen to the advice.

This weekend I found out that the person mowing my back for hay may not do it anymore which presented me with a problem. That is what necesitated my question because I would like to keep this area mower but have no practicle way to do it.

I would understand if I was asking non topic related questions but give me a break.

Reply to
Don

Don:

Please post pictures of your back.

Thanks,

John Martin

Reply to
JMartin957

--Find a neighbor with a harvester and bailer; turns out folks will actually *buy* this stuff, once cut and bailed.

Reply to
steamer