Many-in-One ScrewDrivers ?

Looking for one of those screwdrivers that have many different bits that are sometimes stored in the handle. So you can easily change them without having to carry many
different screwdrivers. The problem is that all that i see are cheap ones that get easily damaged when i use them. Are there more expensive all-in-one screwdrivers that have bits made of better metal? Are there screwdrivers like that that are electric?
Thanx for the tips in advance guys?

For what it's worth... $nap-On makes an 8 in one pouch affair (SDDD44) thats excellent.
Has a handle and 4 double ended bits...
3/16" slot X #1 Phillips
1/4" slot X #2 Phillips
5/16" slot X #3 Phillips
T15 X T20 Torx
Had mine for years, keep it in the desk. The typical red $nap-On pouch measures about 4 3/4"W X 6 1/2"H.
I got it as a gift... just looked it up on their site. !!!WARNING!!!, NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART! (sorry about the long address, you may need to copy and paste to get it to work)
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?search=true&item_IDc63&PartN o=SDDD44&group_idh9&store=snapon-store&tool=all
Erik
Anonymous wrote:

Picked up an electrical one rated at 5000(?) volts at Walmart, been using it for about three years now on a regular basis. Replaced the #2 Phillips a couple of times and the lettering is worn off, but it still works good. If you want to go a little further upscale, Wiha has one also, I have one also, but tend to use the Walmart one as it fits in my pocket better.
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 02:18:11 +0000, Anonymous wrote:

Stanley use to make one in the pump type format but I don't know if they still do.
--
Neil
My address is Spamless.

The ones I like the most are called Megapro It has the bits in the handle. You pull the back of he handle out and the bits are snapped into a holder in the middle. The screwdriver is grey, and the backcaps come in several colors. They also make a yellow one with all stainless steel bits.
It has a good assortment of bits and the local chain that sells them, Tacoma Screw, also carries replacement bits. The bits are double ended and are held into the screwdriver by a ball-detent, not a magnet, so you don't end up with iron fuzz all over it.
Here is their homepage
http://www.megaprotools.com /
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 08:05:12 GMT, the renowned Ernie Leimkuhler

Second this recommendation. Mine was made in the USA. The only problem I have with it is that it keeps getting borrowed. 8-(
Best regards, Spehro Pefhany
How is this in regards to the bits getting damaged. It doesn't say what they are made of except for one which has nickel-plated bits. They have a new offering called megalok. Would that be a good purhcase?
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

I find the bits last quite long. The only ones I have damaged have been the slotted bits, and that was my fault.
I like the regular handle because it allows better reach. The Megalock is more of a stubby.
The nickle plated bits are for the marine version.

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Yes, the Megapro screwdriver rocks. I have several spread around the house, cars, and shop. I rarely use my expensive Snap-On drivers anymore. The tips are of fairly good quality, and the handle is large enough diameter to get a good grip.
BB
Anonymous wrote:

Cluthe brand . Not even expensive but pretty decent quality . Luck
Ken Cutt

I bought a cheap version from Tractor Supply Co. My first use was lending it to my weak-armed wife who proceeded to bend the tip out of shape.
--
free men own guns - slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

that are

damaged
of
Xcelite is my definition of American made quality. (Cooper Tools) http://makeashorterlink.com/?R24814B46
I don't know, maybe it just me but I am beginning to hate .pdf catalogs.

They suck on slower machines. Acrobat can be a bumbling giant sometimes. Takes getting used to though... Sometimes it works very well (MSC Direct).
Regards,
Robin

Brownells (http://www.brownells.com ) sells a very nice line of handles and tips. If you break a tip they will replace it free. Not sure they have a storage handle but they do have some nice carrying kits.
The 1/4" bits are easily used in drill motors and electric screw drivers.
I use the Craftsman ratcheting screwdriver. Uses standard quarter inch bits. Karl

are

are
I have several of these - even one of Snap-On's finest which my son-in-law gave me. Sadly, none of them are even close to the utility of the one belonging to SWMBO. It is a Klein Tools, Inc. http://www.kleintools.com Catalog #32477, 10-in-1 screwdriver/nutdriver. It has 5/16" & 1/4" nut drivers, reversible screwdriver bits include: #2 Phillips-1/4" slotted, #1 Phillips-3/16" slotted, #15-#10 Torx and #1-#2 square-recess.
The great feature of this tool is that none of the bits are stored in the handle. Unscrewing the end of a handle, dumping a pile of bits out in your hand, selecting the right one, switching it with the one in the tool, then getting the rest of the bits back in the handle and screwing the lid on is a PIA. Then there's the time when the lid comes off accidentally, dumping the bits in the bilge.
With the Klein, all the bits are in the shaft. All you need to do is pull out and switch the shaft and your chosen bit is in place. It is also non-magnetic and uses ball detents. Now if I could just trade her for my Snap-On. . .
Rich S.

You don't say where you are, but there is a FANTASTIC retractable bit driver built by Cluthe Products in Waterloo Ontario, sold exclusively in Canada by Home Hardware. see: http://www.homehardware.com/html/rab1.htm Be worth ordering one by mail from a listed dealer if you are not in Canada (pity)
A Canadian product so you may have never seen one, Picquic drivers are excellent. The neat thing is that you have to use the bit you where using to get at the bit you want. As such, it's difficult to loose them. The bits are of high quality and I've never seen a busted handle (I sell them at work).
http://www.picquic.com /
Regards,
Robin

are

You can still drop the bit while changing it. With the Benchmark (cluthe) unit is impossible to lose the bits.