Maria Antoinette Christmas tree

This is actually not entirely OT. The frame for the tree was made from 1 b y 2 galvanised fencing. The idea of having a M A tree at the Nemours Mansi
on was my wife's idea. She works as a guide at the Mansion. I did most of the work in making the frame and took the frame to the Mansion. The first photo shows how one can stand in the right spot and have tThe use of 1 by 2 fencing worked well. My wife wanted to use chicken wire for the frame, b ut I convinced her that chicken wire would not be rigid enough. The fencin g proved to be about right. Rigid enough and not too heavy. If I were doi ng this again, I would look at buying something like a nibler to cut the wi re. Using a plier type cutter resulted in a painful hand.he portrait appe ar to be the head of the tree.
The use of 1 by 2 fencing worked well. My wife wanted to use chicken wire for the frame, but I convinced her that chicken wire would not be rigid eno ugh. The fencing proved to be about right. Rigid enough and not too heavy . If I were doing this again, I would look at buying something like a nibl er to cut the wire. Using a plier type cutter resulted in a painful hand.
Dan
On 12/02/2017 11:07 AM, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

A manual nibbling tool would probably be worse than a plier type cutter! The have supplied me with many blisters through the years.