"Spinning Hubcap" Christmas Tree Ornament

Hi.

I'm trying to create a "spinning hubcap" christmas tree ornament for an event this weekend. My idea is to buy a large toy truck, take off the wheel and attach a battery-powered motor through the wheel to a spinning hubcap. Can anyone give me a recommendation as to what type of motor/parts to use and how I might put this together? I have little to no experience in this area.

Thanks, John

Reply to
JB

Yesterday I picked up a Noma "Ornamotion" - Rotating Ornament Motor locally "Make your own ornament turn" it says on the bubble pack. It comes with a plug that fits into the sockets on mini light se with 30,

50 or 100 bulbs. Might be worth a look. We already have some fancy ornaments that came with such motors, and this is the first time I've seen the motors separately. It was $5.00 here in Canada, will no doubt be cheaper elsewhere - everything else is!

Bob Boudreau Canada

Reply to
railfan

Bob,