math link lost

I had a link to a site where I could calculate a particular value that I use quite a bit. Now I can't find it.

I do work from satellite photos. Let's say there is a curved road that very long, but not half a circle. The exact distance is slightly longer than measuring from end to end in a straight line. Because of the size of the actual circle, it is difficult to establish diameter or radius. The distance of the arc segment (chord?) from end to end along a straight line can be measured, and the height from that straight line perpendicular up to the middle of the segment can be measured.

Does anyone have that site in their favorites?

Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

will this work?

tnik

or this one seems to be a bit simpler

tnik

Thanks. This is the one I lost. I only have two givens; chord length, and height from center of chord to center of arc segment. I don't use it often, but it is helpful. I have completely dumbfounded my boss by citing how I calculate some of the things I do, so much that he hardly asks me any more.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend. Download the book.

Steve B