15" Radius track

Just to make sure I'm thinking about this before cutting plywood!... if I have 6 pieces of Atlas Code 100 15" radius curved track and I
temporarily lay down track for a semi-circle, I should be getting a distance of 30" measuring from the mid-point between the two rails of each end of the semi-circle, right? Thanks!
Brock wrote:

Right!!
Snap track radii are to the centerline of the track.
Chuck D.
On 9/3/2008 8:04 AM Charles Davis spake thus:

As are the radii of any type of track.
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Ah, not quite! We move up in size to "O" Tinplate (roughly equivalent to 'snap track' in HO), and find that the Size designation does NOT refer to radii. I.E "O-31", and "O-27", where the dimension is the 'Outside' of the track circle.
Chuck D.
On 9/3/2008 12:08 PM Charles Davis spake thus:

OK, my bad: I meant all type of HO track in use today (not counting historical oddities).
David Nebenzahl wrote: <snip> Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.
- Paulo Freire
Thank you!
mark, just having added that to his sig collection
mark wrote:

Common law principle: Silence means assent.
Not that it helped Sir Thomas More - he was beheaded anyway.
--
Wolf Kirchmeir