IHC locos on Walthers turntable

I am buying a Walthers turntable which has code 83 track on it's bridge,all of my layout is code100 track ,I intend to use transitional track connected
to a Peco code100 turnout on the lead rail to the turn table,it will be a straight run with no further turnouts involved, will I have a problem with my IHC steam locos on the code 83 track? Thanking you redlegs60
redlegs60 wrote:

Not with ones made within the last 20 years or so, all of which had wheels with 0.035" flanges, which run fine on code 83 track. Some of the very early imports had European flanges 0.045" or larger.
HTH
--
Wolf Kirchmeir

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

PS: the most recent upgraded locomotives have RP25 wheels.
--
Wolf Kirchmeir

That's unfortunately only the 2-10-2, the 2-8-2 and the 4-6-2, I think.
I'm waiting for something more useful, like the 2-6-0, to be issued with RP25(ish) wheels so I can kitbash three or four into something the GER could find really use.
-- Cheers Roger T. See the GER at: - http://www.islandnet.com/~rogertra /
Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Thank you for your reply's,I'm going to try the ihc locos on a length of code 83 track. I compared the ihc flange size to flanges on an old lima loco ,ihc flanges are a lot smaller. redlegs

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

a length of peco code 83 flex track and there were no problems whatsoever.Thanking you,redlegs60