Math question

In one's head, of course! :)

Reply to
cavelamb

Use a bitmap editor to trap and count pixels with a histogram. All you need is a plan view digital image.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

-

A potentially accurate method is to divide the central area into triangles and use Heron's formula in a spreadsheet:

Assume the ends are semicircles and start the triangles one radius in from the ends. The chord errors on the convex and concave sides may partly compensate for each other if the curvatures are similar.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

We just did seven real estate studies in the last two days. My formula is actually the best, even over Simpson's Rule. Take four widths, average, then multiply by length.

This method is absolutely the best since mathematically, as on the pools, I am expected to be plus or minus 25% accuracy.

Steve :-)

Reply to
SteveB

The site I use has measurement capabilities that are very accurate. At times, I will click a 100' line on the screen, set a pair of dividers to that length, then use the dividers to either estimate from the screen, or from a printout.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

And falls within the + or - 25% parameters set by the employer.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

How do they know if you're wrong?