Memory Check

clatter so I've got it apart for a bearing replacement - the "back" end bearing has just a trace of roughness . BUT while I was in there I
wanted to check the centrifugal start switch . And I'm pretty sure it isn't supposed to spin freely on the motor shaft . Looks like a circlip on the armature end of the switch is supposed to keep it from turning and it can't do that if it's free to turn on the shaft . I'm thinking either some crazy glue or JB weld to lock it down ... I don't want to bond the switch to the shaft , I may need to replace it someday .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old