metal cutting circular saw blades

Hi, Hoping there's someone out there who can point me in the direction of a good blade that 1) lasts well, and 2) doesn't break the bank. I seem to remember that for a few years Tenryu (sp?) was the best, but now there's blades out there for

20 or 30 bucks, with no rpm reductions required according to their specs, and most of the claims for any of them sound like marketing puffery, rather than conveying any useful info.

So I'm wondering , can anyone shed some light on why so many of the blades (presumably with c-6 carbide teeth) are now 'OK' to use at higher rpm? I've been using an 8 1/4" blade by Milwaukee (at about

2600 rpm) for a couple years now on my table saw, mostly for cutting thin wall tubing, and it's starting to get a little dull (burr it leaves is getting progressively bigger).

I've also tried a few 'cheap' 7 1/4" metal-cutting blades from HF and Tractor Supply, but the teeth disappear so fast on those that I suspect I'd get as good a life from regular wood-cutting carbide tipped blades - I've got a bunch of dull ones, maybe I'll give a few of them a try.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mikel

Reply to
mike