Metal dovetails in a bank safe?

Hi folks,
I need a good example of metal dovetail joints for a piece I'm writing. I have a suspicion they were used in some early bank safes, but am struggling to find a picture online. Can anyone confirm this and maybe suggest a manufacturer's name?
Thanks,
Chris

https://www.pesmedia.com/machining-impossible-dovetail-puzzle/
Am Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2017 23:56:44 UTC+2 schrieb Jim Wilkins:

Let me guess. This thing has two arc-shaped grooves which look like dovetails in cross section and you rotate one part to take it apart?
Now I'll take a look at the video.
Christopher Tidy wrote:

MUCH simpler.....
--
Steve W.

On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 16:21:33 -0700 (PDT), Christopher Tidy

No, I think it's machined at a 45-degree angle and slides out.
- If ever the Time should come, when vain and aspiring
Men shall possess the highest Seats in Government,
our Country will stand in Need of its experienced
Patriots to prevent its Ruin. -- Samuel Adams
On Wed, 26 Jul 2017 17:57:11 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

Even more fascinating to me than the "Doh, that's how they did it" around 30 seconds in, was machining the round pin head later in the video. Never knew you could free hand metal on a lath just like wood!
--
William

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 22:17:57 -0400, William Bagwell

He was _good_, wasn't he? That was an amazing portion of the video.
--
A good plan violently executed now is better
than a perfect plan executed next week.
On 7/27/2017 9:17 PM, William Bagwell wrote:

http://www.rdrop.com/~jsexton/watches/csw/les29/index.html -jsw

Dovetail (fir tree) joints retaining jet turbine blades: https://abm-website-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/pddnet.com/s3fs-public/styles/content_body_image/public/embedded_image/2015/10/ge_greenville-sc_gas-turbines_20140430_0352-66_extra_large-1024x682.jpg?itok=vUSs1CQG

Try wood-cutting "shoulder planes" which are typically metal dovetails joining metal sides and sole around a wooden core, often pretty, and sometimes done in contrasting metals for extra pretty (and making a good visual illustration.)