Metal measuring and marking devices

Newby here .. there is a device for measuring equal increments for marking .The object looks like a small metal folding gate such as would be used to keep kids in a room or out of one.One decides on a marking increment such as

10 mm or such and then adjusts the device until all of the marking holes are at 10 mm. I don't know what it is called or where to get one... also there is a plastic hich holds an ink marker and can be adjusted to draw a line at whatever incremenet one chooses ..it looks like a small block of plastic with a hole for the pen and an adjustable leg.. same question what are they called and where in the US can I buy them?

Tx,

Ron Culver

Reply to
Ron Culver

Sounds like the first item is a rivet spacer, used commonly in aircraft construction. You can find one here:

Al

Reply to
Alan Raisanen

Visit a better office supply place (mom and pop, not the big box stores. Maybe look for one that specializes in artists and architects) and ask for a pantograph. You can get or make them for just about any trade. The previously mentioned rivet spacer uses the same folding idea but keeps proportions the same, whereas the pantograph changes the proportions as you need. The other thing I think is called a marking gauge, and you can see the different ones here:

"Ron Culver" wrote in message news:a48de.14271$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com... | Newby here .. there is a device for measuring equal increments for marking | .The object looks like a small metal folding gate such as would be used to | keep kids in a room or out of one.One decides on a marking increment such as | 10 mm or such and then adjusts the device until all of the marking holes are | at 10 mm. I don't know what it is called or where to get one... also there | is a plastic hich holds an ink marker and can be adjusted to draw a line at | whatever incremenet one chooses ..it looks like a small block of plastic | with a hole for the pen and an adjustable leg.. same question what are they | called and where in the US can I buy them? | | Tx, | | Ron Culver | |

Reply to
carl mciver

One name for the first device is "multifinger divider". Second one sounds like a variation on a woodworking marking gage.

Reply to
Fred R

Ron

Try this

Newby here .. there is a device for measuring equal increments for marking

Reply to
James E. Baldock (Jim)

Ron,

Try This