metal spinning

Have any of you gotten into metal spinning? How tough is it to figure out?
Reply to
LLBrown
We build and retrofit spinning machines,check our website @

If you need any information get in touch.
Dave B
Reply to
Dave B
Here is a video of a machine we rebuilt.

DaveB
Reply to
Dave B
How long is a piece of string?, The answer does depend on what you are planning to try and spin and the material. I started spinning about 9 years ago and got a complete part after about 8 attempts. I learned with each attempt and did so quickly. I now know the part I was spinning, a goblet shape with a small base, is quite tricky to start due to the small base. I was spinning pewter which is very easy to spin. At the time I had found very little information in print and on the internet, now there is more available, so I was very much just trying it and learning.
Some places you might look are
where you can buy DVDs about learning to spin, he has a forum at
but it has been down since around August and apparently is not going to be operational again anytime soon which is a shame. I have the first 2 sets and they do contain good information. Maybe these are available from a library.
is also good.
Reply to
David Billington
To me the hard part depends on the metal you are using, and how hard and often you have to re-anneal it. I was using a piece of aluminum that had to be constantly re-annealed.
Reply to
Don Stauffer