PING - Gunner

Gunner, check out this link

There is an auction on Friday and Saturday, with the metal working stuff going on Friday. I was curious about the lathe as to what kind it is. I'm going to have to have a talk with Arturo about his photos. They leave a bit to be desired. I'm going to try to make the auction to see what's there if nothing else. Maybe I can pick up another ham rig for little or nothing, especially if I tell the auctioneer that you have to be licensed to buy them. :-) (Of course, that's not true but HE doesn't know that!)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Im trying to download the lathe pictures as I type this. Ill let you know.

If you can, snag me a half dozen rolls of that Kester solder, (rosin core only!!)...looks like a thousand pounds of it, or more....damn..I cant get the pictures to enlarge. Maybe its not solder...

And Im trying to find storage shelves/Bins that would fit inside along the walls of a Wells Cargo type trailer. Something I can keep wire, plumbing and conduit connectors etc etc

Heavy duty enough to survive being bounced down the roadway, while bolted to the sides of the trailer

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

According to the website, there was supposed to be a link to "hundreds of photos" on last night. Haven't seen it yet but I'm going to call them in a bit and find out where it is. I think what you saw is a box full of vacuum tubes. Apparently the old guy was into vintage electronics. If there IS any solder I'll try to get it for you. Too bad you can't make it. Lord knows what'll be in there.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Update! I just talked to Arturo (the auctioneer) and they are, as of right now, still digging through the old guys stuff and discovering all sorts of goodies. He said he hadn't had a chance to put up a link but will add more photos to the website tonight. Boy, would I like to have his job. I love to dig through old stuff like that. He said that there is tons of old photo stuff too, dating back to early thirties, or maybe before, and up.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Id love to go, but at the moment, Im financially challenged. Been doing a lot of work..but its all Net 30...grumble grumble and its also the first of the month..so what trickles in goes to the monthly nut.

Sigh

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

For anyone running Firefox for their browser one add-on that I REALLY like is called Image zoom. It allows you to select a web site image, right click and zoom it to whatever size you wish.

Steve W.

Boy, do I understand THAT! Thank goodness the gas prices have come down. At least now I can put some of that toward the OTHER credit bills. Damned credit cards anyway. I'm going even though I don't have much money to spare. I just like to look at the old stuff that someone has accumulated over the years.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

I have image zoom installed & I agree that it's great. However, if the image is 167px × 129px (5 KB), there just isn't enough resolution to make zooming worthwhile.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

[ ... ]

I think that the first of the two images may be boxed audio transformers and other transformers. The blue boxes with the red circles look like the UTC (Universal Transformer Company) logo, so I suspect that tha whole zone may be transformers of various brands. The second zone (second from the end, too) looks more like the logos on various brands of vacuum tube boxes -- and the odds are that none of them would work in an old tube-based Monarch 10EE. :-(

The last image is clearly unboxed tubes.

Oops -- make that the last image before the red Mercedes. I had not scrolled down far enough. :-)

Terrible images though -- way too much jpeg processing.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols