Metallurgy Chart

Has anyone put together a comprehensive matellurgy website that charts the properties of metals and alloys relative to each other?

Properties like electrical conductance, heat conductance, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, magnetic properties, melting points, machinability, ect.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

RoyJ

Thanks.

Unfortunately, that's a difficult site to navigate. I cannot bring up any comparative charts, and I see nothing on corrosion resistance.

Darren Harris Staten Island,. New York.

******************************************************************************************************** RoyJ wrote:
Reply to
Searcher7

Does anyone now of another site where I can compare properties easily?

For instance, I'd like to be able to look up a metal that is as corrosion resistant as Stainless steel(316L), but with a higher electrical conductivity. Or compare a list of the stiffest metals as far as their machinability.

Things of that nature.

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

************************************************************************************************************ snipped-for-privacy@mail.c> Thanks.
Searcher7

Sounds like your company needs a "Metals Handbook" ASM The Materials Information Society. Used in many industries.

220.90

Book Description Metals Handbook Desk Edition, Second Edition

The "best" of the ASM Handbook in a single volume. If you own only one book on metals and alloys, this is it!

From the Publisher Published: 1998 Product Details

  • Hardcover: 1521 pages * Publisher: ASM International; 2nd edition (January, 1999) * Language: English * ISBN: 0871706547 * Product Dimensions: 11.2 x 9.2 x 2.8 inches * Shipping Weight: 6.7 pounds. (View shipping rates and policies) Martin

Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

snipped-for-privacy@mail.c> Does anyone now of another site where I can compare properties easily? >

Martin H. Eastburn