Microwave steel making article

Pretty neat, Maybe we will be able to make our own steel to order someday :-)

Machineman

Cool... or Hot. If I had to do research in Houghton, I'd look for one with molten metal as well. Brrrrr.

An alumnus I know said there's three kinds of students at Tech: winter sports enthusiasts, drunk party animals, and those that aren't coming back.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

On Fri, 21 May 2004 14:01:41 -0300, Machineman vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!: remove ns from my header address to reply via email

I find it "iron"ic that the saviour of the US steel industry would appear to be Chinese.

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted child would do this?"....the internet seems full of them. It's very sad

Reply to
Old Nick

There was an article in the Chattanooga News Free Press recently saying that there was a new business here in town using this technology. The best I remember it also said the tech. was coming from Oak Ridge just up the road a bit. I'll see if I can't dig the article back up, if for no other reason than my own curiosity.

Jim

Reply to
Jim C Roberts

Jim Hwang might be a red neck!

Reply to
MikeMandaville

My impression was that this is simply doing something the hard and energy expensive way.

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover