Milling machine bits and stuff

My company closed shop and left a milling machine and a bunch of milling machine bits. The machine was too big too take but I took all of the bits. I am not a machinist so I don't really know what I have. Is there a website with pictures of the bit things so I can figure out what I have. Some aren't bits of some type of bit holders. Odd stuff.

Reply to
User Example

You need to tell us where the milling machine is. _Someone_ among us will be able to come get it!

Reply to
carl mciver

Looks like Austin, TX.

Ignoramus677

Only risk appears to be that perhaps the local sheriff's deputy might come a knocking at his door....the op post sounds a lot like a pure and simple thief to me.......

Hmm...he dint "take" the mill cause it was too heavy......probly several other things he missed out on. also ...likely cause they was bolted down to the floor.........

You all can go ahead, and "take" any of it from him, just realize that then you'll be party to it also.

Sheesh....

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

No reason to accuse me of being a thief. I have an anonymous name because I get so much junkmail in my inbox these days that I don't care to give out my email address. Besides, why do you care who I am?

As for the stuff, I didn't steal it. This business was bought by a company in California. The guys in Cali shut down our office and took what they wanted. The rest they told us to take home or throw away. They left the milling machine because they don't need it out there (they are not a machining company) and it wouldn't be worth the cost of moving it. I asked about it and was told I could have it but like I said, I just don't have the room for a huge milling machine in my garage and I couldn't move it if I wanted to. They left a lot of other goodies that are still laying in the old space that will eventually go into a dumpster.

As for the bits and stuff, I was not offering to sell them on here so don't get all worked up about it. I was just wondering what I had and commented that it was worth a lot in catalog prices.

Sheesh...

Reply to
User Example

Shoot a group picture and post it to the dropbox

Rex

Reply to
Waynemak

Just that tax code has some fairly specific rules for the disposition of surplus property.

"I lost it" or "I gave it away" usually dont quite cut it with the IRS......

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

I think that it's a *huge* jump to that conclusion. His scenario sounds totally plausible to me. If somebody gives you something would you "take" it?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt