Minor tool gloat

The sign said "Rummage sale, tools". So I stopped by. They had a shelf full of spray guns, obviously priced by size (because all the big ones
were $15, regardless of brand, ditto all the touch-up guns). I got a big one and a touch-up one.
The big one is a DeVilbiss, which is cool ($15!!!). The little one is a "Tough Mechanic's Precision Crafted Tool", which is, I believe, Chinese for "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha".
Two guns and a spare pot -- $22.
On 12/6/2011 9:10 AM, Tim Wescott wrote:

Hope they were properly cleaned! Paul
On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:22:18 -0800, Paul Drahn wrote:

They felt good, with no stickiness in the operation and with passages that appeared clean. But the insides of the pots aren't as clean as I'd like. So we'll see. That DeVilbiss should be worth a lot of cleaning; even if I have to strip it down to bare parts and find the World's Most Aggressive Solvent to clean things up with.

I got the HF#94572 HVLP spray gun set that gave me really unreliable performance at first. Once I discovered how loose the control knobs were machined, I fixed them with teflon tape and it seemed to fix the problem (leaks and staying set). When I have time I'll make new control knobs and eliminate the tape. I like the idea of HVLP and putting less paint in the air with lower pressure.
On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 13:54:45 -0800 (PST), "Denis G."

I bought one of these HF touchup guns and was surprised at just how good it is. Nicely made and finished, no leaks, the controls work smoothly. It sprays heavy 2-part epoxy just as well as my much more expensive full size HVLP gun. http://www.harborfreight.com/hvlp-detail-spray-gun-46719.html
--
Ned Simmons

I should have opened up the box on mine and played with the control knobs. Maybe I could have found one that didn't wiggle so much. I'm going to check out the one that you got when I go shopping again. Thanks.

It used to be "live better electricly:, now I "live better through yard sales"!

Gerry :-)} London, Canada
On Tue, 06 Dec 2011 19:11:35 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

That's what my little one looks like. I ran some water through it. It went spraaaay sput spraaaay sput spraaaay sput. I assume that there's a leak on the vacuum side.
My painter friend tells me that those are DeVilBiss clones, and that some are good and some are bad. But mine's _precision crafted_, so I know it's good.