Minor tool gloat

The sign said "Rummage sale, tools". So I stopped by. They had a shelf
full of spray guns, obviously priced by size (because all the big ones
were $15, regardless of brand, ditto all the touch-up guns). I got a big
one and a touch-up one.
The big one is a DeVilbiss, which is cool ($15!!!). The little one is a
"Tough Mechanic's Precision Crafted Tool", which is, I believe, Chinese
for "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha".
Two guns and a spare pot -- $22.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
Hope they were properly cleaned! Paul
Reply to
Paul Drahn
They felt good, with no stickiness in the operation and with passages that appeared clean. But the insides of the pots aren't as clean as I'd like. So we'll see. That DeVilbiss should be worth a lot of cleaning; even if I have to strip it down to bare parts and find the World's Most Aggressive Solvent to clean things up with.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
I got the HF#94572 HVLP spray gun set that gave me really unreliable performance at first. Once I discovered how loose the control knobs were machined, I fixed them with teflon tape and it seemed to fix the problem (leaks and staying set). When I have time I'll make new control knobs and eliminate the tape. I like the idea of HVLP and putting less paint in the air with lower pressure.
Reply to
Denis G.
It used to be "live better electricly:, now I "live better through yard sales"!
Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
I bought one of these HF touchup guns and was surprised at just how good it is. Nicely made and finished, no leaks, the controls work smoothly. It sprays heavy 2-part epoxy just as well as my much more expensive full size HVLP gun.
Ned Simmons
That's what my little one looks like. I ran some water through it. It went spraaaay sput spraaaay sput spraaaay sput. I assume that there's a leak on the vacuum side.
My painter friend tells me that those are DeVilBiss clones, and that some are good and some are bad. But mine's _precision crafted_, so I know it's good.
Reply to
Tim Wescott
I should have opened up the box on mine and played with the control knobs. Maybe I could have found one that didn't wiggle so much. I'm going to check out the one that you got when I go shopping again. Thanks.
Reply to
Denis G.