More oscilloscope help please Ned

Greetings Ned, In your post about the scope you say to have the display turned off. The encoder still needs power though, right? Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Yes, it needs power. I could look up the interface and give you more details on what to look at, but I think this is not worth the effort. Read my post about the accuracy of the encoders you are using. I think that explains a lot about what you are seeing.

Reply to
xray

Near the end of the post I included a note to turn the display back on. I didn't want you to pop anything while making the connections, especially since it seemed like you might have to jury rig at least one probe.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

One of the houses I'm working on at present has an old oscilloscope and some ham gear. I don't know if it works and don't do much electronic work. But I'm having an urge to take it as I can have it for free. What would I use it for beside making sure my 60 Hz line feed is really 60 Hz and how would I do that without frying it.? Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

you can use it to test signal generators that you would be reselling. I use my oscilloscope all the time, for that.

Ignoramus29341

Suggest you lie down on the couch until the urge passes. Learn to resist at times like this or you just wind up spending your gas money to haul stuff to the dump where you pay again. I know very well how to use a scope, and I have a nice Tek scope, and I hardly ever use it. If you need one, then go find one.

Just my 2¢ worth ..

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Ham gear???? What kind and what sort of Stuff do you want in trade?

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Request dibs if it's highly vintage....!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

What brand/model of scope is it, and where (roughly) are you located?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Thanks for the replies. Not sure but I can look. Looks like the previous owner was in military communications. Probably in the 1950's. The gear is civilian except for what looks to be another oscilloscope designed to be mounted. only a few pieces. There are also 4 or 5 vacuum tubes about 2" tall. I'm in Hawaii. I'll look tomorrow and see exactly what there is. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

Sorry Gunner I didn't make it to the jobsite today. I'll look tomorrow. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk