Motor and pump unit

I was given a lovely little Motor and Pump unit the other day. Spec for motor is Black and Decker Electric Co Motor - Aircraft - DC
AN-M-10     1/75Hp Type Series.     Duty Con RPM 12,000     Amps 1 Manufactured for the Weldon Tool Co
The Pump is "Weldon Tool Co" Fluid Metering     2gph 2 spring loaded fixed vanes lobe type rotor 2 outlet ports plus 1 marked "IN"
ALL fixing screws were wire locked. After a bit of TLC the motor now runs taking about .5A at 24v (without pump)
Pump not tested yet.
Any ideas as to its actual original use? Any clever ideas as to what can I use the motor or the complete package for?
Or does it just increase my junk pile? Richard

I use a pump about that size on my vertical bandsaw to spray coolant on the blade. Mine is a peristolic <sp?> with adjustable speed. You could adjust speed with voltage. Increases blade life without the total mess of flood.
Karl
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:28:42 -0500, Karl Townsend

Peristaltic I think. Like bowels. Masterflex is a popular make for labs. The tubes eventually fail and are replaceable. Silicone is good. I don't like them for very precise flows, but they're good for sticky stuff and things that will coagulate, like latex.
Pete Keillor
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 06:50:53 -0500, Pete Keillor

A "free" source for a small peristaltic pump is a modern scrapped printer. They are often used to pump away waste ink after head cleaning! I pulled one from a Canon i965 recently complete with a stepper motor to drive it!
Richard
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:28:42 -0500, Karl Townsend

A good option Karl however I do not have a bandsaw <G> and it is a bit too low a flow for my cold saw.
Richard
Richard Edwards wrote:

Circulator pump for an aircraft. Hmm, I can think of a couple things, most obvious is de-icing fluid pump. I suppose it could also be for circulating cooling water to a radar or something, but I'd expect more volume for that.
Jon

If there any part or assembly numbers, run them through Google...
Erik