motor capacator

I'm helping my cousin repair a 1 HP Wayne lawnsprinkler booster pump. It has a blown starting capacator and he cannot locate a replacement. It is a 30 uf /j/ 250vac yuhchang rectangular capacitor 1-9/16 x 1-7/8 x 1-1/8. model pls 100. The motor is the enclosed type for wet applications so the cap must fit inside the motor. The dealer does not stock these and dealing with the Taiwanese manufacturer is difficult.Where can I get one of these? Engineman

Reply to
engineman

Grainger will have these. The 30uf is important. Just match or exceed the voltage rating.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Grainger only has round or oval caps and they are all too large to fit inside the motor.

Engineman

Reply to
engineman

Just some musing...

Do you really need to have the enclosed/wet application? If not maybe try out boarding a cap that you can find. Look kinda ugly, but shouldn't hurt anything. Maybe even get the external metal cap they put over them (shrug).

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Mount the cap in a separate box and run a piece of cabtyre flex from the motor to the box using compression fittings to seal both. Be sure to bond the ground on the box to the motor ground.

Reply to
N Morrison