Moun

Hi Folks. I am in the process of wiring a basement workshop. I hope to have some 110 volt and 220 volt receptacles mounted on steel lally columns which hold up the first floor. The columns are filled with concrete, so just screwing my surface mount boxes to the column is out. Does anyone know how this is done "in the trade" or has anyone seen this done in a neat fashion that they would like to describe?

In my old space, I used a large hose clamp. The clamp went around the column, into the back of the box through a knockout, around a bit of steel rod, back out the knockout. This worked well, but it was a bit "homegrown" looking.

Is there a commerically available clip or bracket that is used to mount surface mount electrical boxes or EMT to lally columns?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have. Andy

Reply to
andy

Could you grind it a little and weld on a bracket of some kind?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

This is a metal working group. :-) Make a split clamp out of Aluminum and mount the outlet box with machine screws. Use conduit to drop from the "overhead". Be at least "semi-professional" about it. ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick