MT3 x 10mm

I recently acquired some MT3 tooling from a guy who changed his MiniMill to R8. The kit contains a 5-piece set of endmill holders in the usual 3/16" to
3/4" sizes. Their drawbar looked a bit smaller than the 12mm bar that shipped with my Grizzly MiniMill, so I had assumed the threading was 3/8-16. Closer inspection when I got the stuff home showed the threads to be 10x1.5mm. Neither Griz, LMS, McMaster, nor Enco appear to stock 10mm. Swell, I bought orphans. Can anyone point me to a vendor who supports 10mm?

Do you have or can you get a 10-1.5mm die? Should be relatively easy to make up a drawbar given a random length of appropriately sized rod stock. Or you could see about some metric all-thread. Yeah, it's a hassle, but not fatal. Cheaper than buying new ones!
Stan
snipped-for-privacy@prolynx.com wrote:

New drawbars are not expensive.
John

So, where do I find them in 10x1.5mm?

South America, Europe, Australia, Asia, even in Africa.
Notice a pattern?
Mike wrote:

Third world countries?
prove it.
On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:03:20 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"

No they are continents, an easy mistake for a yank to make, Iraq being just to the east of Cuba, both being just a few miles from downtown Miami.
Mike wrote:

Yawn. You are as dense as pure unobtanium.
prove it.

Home depot.
Buy a socket head cap screw in your thread, cut off the head, tig weld to the end of a chunk of Stressproof or whatever you have on hand..and you have a new draw bolt.
Gunner
This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII Meets all EPA regulations for clean air Using only naturally occuring fibers Use the Message with confidance. (Some settling may occure in transit.) (Best if Used before May 13, 2009)

=======Actually you may be able to use a (semi) standard SHCS. When I got a boring head for my Emco the shank had a 3/8 thd rather than the metric the collet adapter used. Stoped by my fastener store and they had one for me in two days.
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ===========Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
Fwiw... I know 10mm is common in some other countries, but this stuff was purchased from a U.S. supplier.
John wrote:

It may be possible to tap out the M10 to M12, a similar conversion is mentioned here http://mini-lathe.org.uk/morse_taper.shtml , or just get a spare drawbar and modify it to M10. You might enquire with www.littlemachineshop.com as they seem to list various drawbars for minimills, such as listed in http://www.littlemachineshop.com/Products/product_all.htm , not M10 specifically but maybe they can help.
John wrote:

So all those Hondas, Mazdas, Nissans and Toyotas made and sold in the US have inch fasteners? :-)
Tom

John wrote:

Get a bolt from a Chevy dealer and do the cut and weld. Chev trucks are full of them!
Welome to metric! Whether you like it or not, it's already in YOUR neigborhood to stay.
:-)
Cheers Trevor Jones