my recent project

That's a really nice and neat design. I could see a frame like that being very useful to crews in public parks, or on a campus.

A wheeled version could also be very handy, although dragging it onto a low trailer could add to it's versatility (temporarily attached to trailer).

WB metalworking projects

Wild Bill

hey w.b. thanks. yeah, actually i had thought of putting it onto one of those cheap (harbor freight) little trailers and just hooking it up to my truck when it was time to take it all to the dump, but figured prolly the tires would go flat before i'd used it 4 times (only go to the dump a couple times a year), and the cans fill at different rates.

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

According to William Wixon :

[ ... ]

Thanks. That gives me a good idea what to try for. I guess that I'll have to soft-solder the whiskers, because I don't have a welder, yet.

Exactly. I never did figure out which had which name, except that Louie was the last in the way I remembered the sequence from the comics, so that must be the one which had been hit.

Agreed! The road was a dirt and rock road in the town. It was regularly hit by a road grader, so it kept getting lower and lower relative to the property on either side of it. The one at right angles to it had a drop of about two feet from the sidewalk (also unpaved) to the road. (It made for problems with the fire hydrants getting totally unburied. :-)

But the cars still came along that fast from time to time -- trailed by a cloud of red dust. (South Texas town.)

Any chance that they are going after insects in the water to supplement their diet of grain? Such a puddle would bring out lots of worms among other things.

Interestingly enough -- many things, including vicious dogs, can be frightened by an umbrella pointed directly at them opening. It looks like it is getting closer very fast, given how fast it is getting larger. :-)

I like it, at least. And you have some metalworking in there as well -- the cat now, and the trash can coral before.

It is good enough for me to try my hand, once I pick up some galvanized steel of the right size. I like the effect of the light shining through those "eyes".

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols