My stupid question of the month coupon

I was futzing with my computer the other day, and reset something. Now instead of a vertical line for a cursor, I have a black block about 3/16" square. I've roamed control panel, and inputted it into help index, but can't get the frickin thing back to square one.

Can anyone help?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Did you go to "Control Panel", "Mouse", click the "Pointers" tab and chose the one you want then click "Apply"? This assumes, of course, that you are using Windows XP or something like it. That SHOULD correct the problem. Good luck.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chandler

Not sure what version you are on. Try control panel, mouse, pointer tab, press use defaults button at bottom, apply.

Wes

Wes

My cursor looks like a dog tick, Wes, and it moves around by itself. What should I do?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:4b1d8691$0$22525$ snipped-for-privacy@cv.net:

Start by draping a flea & tick collar over the monitor?

There used to be a Windows 3.1 program called "Roaches". It ran in the background, and occasionally, a litttle bug would run from behind one window to another. If you closed a window, all the bugs hiding behind it would scatter.

Life was a lot simpler then...

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

You want to know why you lost your testimony of the restoration?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I can't top that, sorry Ed.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

'Tried that. I've opened up the box and sprayed it with Raid. I'm hoping that will do it.

My boss had that. He used to call me into his office to help him "fix" it. He was brilliant, but strange.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I miss those simple pleasures. I had a cricket I made in Logo with my son. He was a little klutzy, but we could keep him moving around the screen.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

DDT should do it :-)

Regards,

J.B.

Reply to
jbslocum

What's that Lassie? You say that Steve B fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:34:52 -0800:

try the insert key.

Reply to
dan

Wasn't there an extermination company that got into trouble for showing a big life like roach walking across a screen with a good looking head and shoulders shot of a woman in the background? It really looked real, I almost hit my TV screen with the guacamole dip and dish I had in my hand. There were lots of complaints, IIRC.

Damn fine ad. Maybe too good, if that's possible.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Seconded, turn off the insert key.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

Back in the early daze of W95 I had the resident IT (Junior) design the regular arrow, only with a bit of lint hanging from the point. Anyone new came around, I would complain that I was getting tired of people leaving Belly Button Lint in my monitor! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Ha-ha! That was a good one. Ah, how easy it was to have fun in those innocent days.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

A couple gallons of napalm is better.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:34:52 -0800, the infamous "Steve B" scrawled the following:

OK, so you looked in the mouse section of the control panel and couldn't find it. What brand of mouse do you use? Look in the Programs section for any software by that company and open it up. It is probably a separate mouse control program which you turned off.

-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Larry Jaques" wrote

I called my computer pro yesterday about an unrelated issue. He said he had two do the same thing, and he was still trying to figure it out, but in the meantime, just living with it. At least it's not the INS thing that pac-mans and eats the next letter. When I was new to computers, I had a hell of a time having that on for a week or so until I hit the key again accidentally and turned it off, then figured it out.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B