My stupid question of the month coupon

I was futzing with my computer the other day, and reset something. Now instead of a vertical line for a cursor, I have a black block about 3/16"
square. I've roamed control panel, and inputted it into help index, but can't get the frickin thing back to square one.
Can anyone help?
Steve
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:34:52 -0800, "Steve B"

Did you go to "Control Panel", "Mouse", click the "Pointers" tab and chose the one you want then click "Apply"? This assumes, of course, that you are using Windows XP or something like it. That SHOULD correct the problem. Good luck.
Jim
You want to know why you lost your testimony of the restoration?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Not sure what version you are on. Try control panel, mouse, pointer tab, press use defaults button at bottom, apply.

My cursor looks like a dog tick, Wes, and it moves around by itself. What should I do?
--
Ed Huntress

Start by draping a flea & tick collar over the monitor?
There used to be a Windows 3.1 program called "Roaches". It ran in the background, and occasionally, a litttle bug would run from behind one window to another. If you closed a window, all the bugs hiding behind it would scatter.
Life was a lot simpler then...
Doug White

I can't top that, sorry Ed.
Wes

I miss those simple pleasures. I had a cricket I made in Logo with my son. He was a little klutzy, but we could keep him moving around the screen.
--
Ed Huntress

'Tried that. I've opened up the box and sprayed it with Raid. I'm hoping that will do it.

My boss had that. He used to call me into his office to help him "fix" it. He was brilliant, but strange.
--
Ed Huntress

Wasn't there an extermination company that got into trouble for showing a big life like roach walking across a screen with a good looking head and shoulders shot of a woman in the background? It really looked real, I almost hit my TV screen with the guacamole dip and dish I had in my hand. There were lots of complaints, IIRC.
Damn fine ad. Maybe too good, if that's possible.
Steve
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 17:49:52 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

DDT should do it :-)
Regards,
J.B.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A couple gallons of napalm is better.
--
Offworld checks no longer accepted!

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 17:49:52 -0500, "Ed Huntress"

Back in the early daze of W95 I had the resident IT (Junior) design the regular arrow, only with a bit of lint hanging from the point. Anyone new came around, I would complain that I was getting tired of people leaving Belly Button Lint in my monitor! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Ha-ha! That was a good one. Ah, how easy it was to have fun in those innocent days.
--
Ed Huntress

What's that Lassie? You say that Steve B fell down the old rec.crafts.metalworking mine and will die if we don't mount a rescue by Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:34:52 -0800:

try the insert key.
--

Dan H.
northshore MA.
dan wrote:

Seconded, turn off the insert key.
technomaNge

I called my computer pro yesterday about an unrelated issue. He said he had two do the same thing, and he was still trying to figure it out, but in the meantime, just living with it. At least it's not the INS thing that pac-mans and eats the next letter. When I was new to computers, I had a hell of a time having that on for a week or so until I hit the key again accidentally and turned it off, then figured it out.
Steve
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 08:34:52 -0800, the infamous "Steve B"

OK, so you looked in the mouse section of the control panel and couldn't find it. What brand of mouse do you use? Look in the Programs section for any software by that company and open it up. It is probably a separate mouse control program which you turned off.
-- To know what you prefer instead of humbly saying Amen to what the world tells you you ought to prefer, is to have kept your soul alive. -- Robert Louis Stevenson