my youtube busted

When I go to a youtube video, I just get a black screen with some white dots in the middle. I have unchecked the popup blocker on the toolbar. What else do I have to click for this to work?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Click the boxes to upgrade from Windows 2000 and IE6.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

try updating your flash player, and or java..

Reply to
tnik

Did both the latest that said it was time for an update ..............

Reply to
Steve B

Steve, try reinstalling (or install the newest virgin of) Adobe Flash Player. That should fix you right up.

-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Have you got a URL for that? Can't seem to find the virgin option.

Reply to
James Waldby

Maybe they're sold out to the AyRabs, what with them wanting 72 of 'em at a time for each of their shindigs.

-- Life is full of obstacle illusions. -- Grant Frazier

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Youtube gave me an error with version 10.1. You can check the version you have in ControlPanel>AddorRemovePrograms.

The latest version:

installs or updates directly from their site.

The $%^&*?'s wouldn't give me permission to download a standalone version for an off-line PC, my HDTV recorder which has only essential processes running, no antivirus etc stealing CPU time.

How to tell:

This might work, I haven't tried it yet:
jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Try there..

Reply to
tnik

Or here, at the bottom of the page..

tnik

Thanks, I looked all around their site but missed that link.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Youtube is in the process (or has possibly completed) of converting all their videos over to a format compatible with HTML5, WebM, if memory serves. I've been trying out Firefox 4RC. Opt-in to the HTML5 trial, and don't worry about flash versions anymore.

Steve Ackman