Mystic River Foundry

A couple years back I bought a pattern at a used tool place in Maine. Got to thinking that it might be nice to see what the parts cast from the pattern would look like so I mad arrangements to have some pieces cast at the Mystic River Foundry in (surprise) Mystic CT.

Actually I bought the pattern so my students could see what a pattern looks like. Then I came across a casting flask. By that time I figured I needed the parts cast to complete the set.

A "slide show" of my visit there is at

There are a ton of links to navigate the site. I THINK that they are all beaten into submission but if you find a faulty one or ?? please let me know.

Thanks for looking.

Errol Groff Instructor, Machine Tool Department H.H. Ellis Tech

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

Errol Groff

Roy Jenson

Looks good. Thanks for the detailed tour!

Tim (wish I had sand that fine..)

-- In the immortal words of Ned Flanders: "No foot longs!" Website @

Tim Williams

Errol: I drive by that foundry nearly every day this time of year and have never checked them out. Guess I should as some of the parts I work on for telescope mounts are castings and making new ones would be better than trying to fix the broken ones. Another neat place near my house is the old Noank foundry, now a blacksmith shop. I did stop in when they first setup shop. Neat place with some very skilled people working there. Bill Falcone

Reply to
William Falcone

Great photos Errol!

Hey, we got one of them Mystic Rivers up here in Red Sox country too. When I saw your post's subject that's the one which sprang to mind. We had a Mystic River Bridge too, back when I moved to Boston, but it got renamed the Tobin bridge in '67, after a former Governor of Taxachusetts.

Seems there's also one of those Mystic Rivers in West Virginia, but it's underground:

Anymore? (I bet there are...)

Jeff

-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"Success is getting what you like; Happiness is liking what you get."

Jeff Wisnia