Need 1/10 to 1/6 hp Electric Motor

I'm looking to replace the motor on my Unimat 3, a machine which is otherwise perfect for what I do. But that intermittent-service,
hotternapistol motor is a pain.
The problem for me is not lack of power (stuff I make is small and mostly brass) but the 80% duty cycle. The form factor is 3" dia by 7" long max. Two speed nice but not required. 1750 rpm or more is fine, I can make and change pulleys. Continuous duty a must. 115ac single phase preferred, DC fine if a power supply is available. 115 ac would work out to 1 to 3.5 amps or so.
I've looked a lot of places. Sewing machine motors seem to either be too small (home) or too large (commercial). Watchmaker's lathe motors are too big, as are the ones on Surpluscenter. The unmoderated Yahoo Unimat group is getting spammed to death and the moderated one doesn't seem to be answering requests to join, so not much help there.
It seems to me that somewhere out there there must be a continuous-duty motor that fits. Any suggestions?
Cheers,
Earl
On 6 Sep 2003 15:42:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@swcp.com (Earl Boebert) wrote:

Typewriter motor? They run at least an 8 hour on cycle, but are probably lightly loaded. The horsepower fits your range.
Jack
Sewing machine motor.
Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
Look for some of the small Bodine motors on Ebay.
On 6 Sep 2003 15:42:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@swcp.com (Earl Boebert) wrote:

-- Visit my website: http://www.frugalmachinist.com Contents: foundry and general metal working and lots of related projects. Regards Roy aka Chipmaker // Foxeye Opinions are strictly those of my wife....I have had no input whatsoever. Remove capital A from chipmAkr for correct email address
In article
snipped-for-privacy@swcp.com says...

Small blower motor -- many in the Grainger catalog.
Bodine AC or DC -- pretty expensive unless you can find one used on ebay or elsewhere.
Oriental Motor -- probably around $100 for the size you're talking about. I've seen them on ebay as well.
Both Bodine and Oriental make small 3 phase motors in addition to single phase motors. One of these with a VFD for variable speed would be very slick, as would a DC motor and speed control.
Avoid sewing machine (and other series wound) motors. The speed regulation (or lack of) will be a huge problem.
Ned Simmons