REQ: Advice on Mini-Belt Sanders

I'm needing to buy a mini belt sander. J&L Industrial Supply has Jet brand on sale, I'm looking at the 3/8" x 13" model for $139.95. Enco has their own brand on sale too for $74.99 for the same size. What I'm wondering is if the Jet brand is twice the machine of the Enco one. I'm on a somewhat limited budget, so all things being equal will buy the Enco. Anyone have any first hand experience with either or both of these?

I know they aren't in the same class as a Dynabrade, can't afford one of those.

Mucho Thanks Lane

Reply to
Lane

IMO, the Enco belt sender would be just fine, esp. considering the price difference. Use good quality belts and make sure the belt guide surface and work table surfaces are "plumb" to each other. If the work table front edge is parallel to the belt, it makes a good guide for a square to hold against the work.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Bob Swinney

Thanks Bob