Need a lesson in steel

Or, maybe lacking the Criterion, set the flycutter radius offn the vise jaw for finish. I've bored fairly close that way numerous times. +/- .0005 and better. Can be a bit fidgety to set, but works well once set.

You still rather busy, Sam?

mj

Reply to
michael

It's something of a pleasentry in the mill, also.

mj

Reply to
michael

Michael,

Things slowed down quite a bit over January for us, after a record sales month in december.

Generally, things pick up for us again in about the second week of feburary.

You keeping busy, or planning a vacation instead ?

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

It's been hotjobitis here lately. I should not be doing this right now. If you see anyone with 3 arms I could use him/her. Know-what-i-mean?

mikey

Reply to
michael

Things slow down too much I can send Josh down for a week or two

But I WILL want him back......

Funny how it goes, things slow down, and its hard to justify keeping yer help, but if it gets so tough you gotta let em go for a week or so, it then gets real hard to come up with the cash to pay em when you really DO need more help--I pay weekly, but my customers are on 30 days.......

IOW, I just wish things would steady out some more. Im tired of needing three hands and only being able to afford one, to having three, and not being able to afford any of em

And Im getting too old, fat, and lazy to do it ALL myself.

Anyways, if you ever do get the chance, be sure and drop in if you get up this way.....Always happy to give the ten cent tour.

Cheers,

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Yes, familiar with the routine. These days it is a bit easier as I only "pay" myself.

Luckily, I have a couple lady friends that can help out on accasion. Makes some jobs get out a whole lot quicker.

I would entertain no other course of activity!

"Be seeing you..."

mikey

Reply to
michael